Saturday, June 28, 2008

frustration. Calling all geeks! HELP!!!

I have a 40gb external hard drive that doesn't work anymore. Before it stopped working I managed to backup the files to the 500gb and thought the files were safe.
Today my mac was complaining again of lack of storage space so I thought "Well it's time to backup everything and delete from the disk". Half way through the backup, the 500gb disk died.
Well it didn't die as in "rigor mortis" death. It still makes noises but doesn't work anymore.
I think my Maxtor 500gb hard drive is in a coma. Brain-dead. Kaput. Finito. Acabado.
Fortunately I didn't delete anything from the internal drive yet but I'm afraid I lost lots of stuff I don't have anywhere else.
And for the record, yes I've tried turning it off and on again, the same goes for the computer. Several times!
I changed the cable, I tried every usb port available. I don't know what-else to do.
Will anyone help me please?
I'm on MacOS X 10.4.11 and the disc has been working fine since I bought it 8 or 9 months ago.

No comments: