Saturday, October 27, 2007

dinner party chez Pat

note: yesterday, I woke up at 7am to go to work. and I worked lots!

The last time I stayed out ALL night going from club to club must've been 10 years ago or so.
I remember when myself+sofia+vera would leave Rockline in Alcantara and put on our sunglasses straight away because the daylight would hurt our eyes.
Anyway, I was about 19 or 20 and I was young and full of energy.
Those were the days!

Yesterday I met a fantastic group of people ( tugas, btw).
Pat from the Introduction to Curating course invited us to join her dinner party in her fabulous flat.
After dinner we went to Kingsland Rd.
The first club was empty. we left.
The second club was packed and we stayed until it closed at 4am. Trailertrash night that according to this website is: "Music : Electro House, Tech House, Acid House, Electro, Minimal Techno, Acid Techno and Electro Techno

Dirty Eastend Electro every Friday, with regular special guests joining residents Mikki Most n Hannah Holland. Expect an explosive soundtrack of filthy underground electrofied-techno-booty-shake. Attracts a mixed up crowd of trucker boyz, roller girlz n fashion kids."

After that club we went to another one (sticky aquarium) until I left at around 6am.
the music was very similar and my ears still hurt. The club looks good on the website but in reality it's like a large version of Dunas (last century in costa da caparica) with sticky floors and tables.
after falling asleep on the tube, and having to come back because I missed my stop, I got home at 7.30am and I'm KNACKERED!

Nevertheless, I had lots of fun and I'm very happy I met such interesting people!
next time I'll go prepared for clubbing, with a lighter handbag and cooler clothes.
my handbag was so heavy that dancing (kinda') with it hanging on my shoulder all night wasn't the best idea.

I'll post some pics as soon as Saskia sends them.


1 comment:

Alf said...

Isso é possível em Londres???

E eu que achava que iam todos para a cama à meia-noite...

:)